The Leprechaun graphics patch is by far my best creation for Doom2
today, not in terms of size or quantity, but in terms of imagination
that this patch brings with it.
This graphics patch replaces the old boring marines, with a Leprechaun.
Well, in fact it does more look like a liitle old wizard than a
Leprechaun, but I decided to call it Leprechaun because he has the
same shoes, and mostly because I like this name.
The Leprechaun is a little creature, half the size of a man, that
comes from the faery tales of Ireland. If you look at the graphics,
you could think that it's a nice little chap, but don't be fooled!
It's the most vicious and the most cunning creature
that you could think of!
- Long pointed hat (he DOES have a long cone head! - that's why
you can fire at it and hurt him bad).
- Eagle nose (for aerodynamics purpose).
- Vicious smile (sometimes with flecks of foam appearing on the
corners of his mouth).
- Long white beard (hides lots of unpleasant stuff).
- Long black curly boots (made for robustness, not for speed).
- A cute little cross on the back (you won't miss it!).
- The old boring marines becomes LEPRECHAUNS!!! They're
VICIOUS! They BITE! They FLEE! And they use those futuristic weapons
with unexpected AGILITY!
- See the FACE of the Leprechaun in the STATUS BAR!
his grins, and his very special VICIOUS SMILE!
As you can see, the hat is of the player's colour.
- See the DYING Leprechaun returning to his mother Earth as he transforms
into a tiny RED MUSHROOM!
- Look at him SLOWLY MELTING DOWN, as he's been FROZEN by the
magical - ice - rockets launcher! (with a trail of magical
- And BEST OF ALL: the sounds BRINGS HIM TO LIFE!
We have added some effect to the voices so that it sounds terribly
like a REAL Leprechaun's voice!
- The BFG becomes a big GREEN APPLE! Watch out!
You can shoot it and deviate it's lethal power (much more strategic!)
- Blood stays longer on the floor, so you know that
something has happened!